Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Upchucking Poem

In honor of the week spent hurling at my house, I thought I would share with you a poem that my best friend from grade school wrote in the fifth grade. It has always been a favorite of mine.

The Upchucking Poem
By Keena Pack

Throw up, barf or vomit, its names are quite a few,
but I will call it upchuck if is all the same to you.

It happens when your stomach is feeling out of whack,
the stuff you ate for dinner is slowing coming back.

You only had some pizza, one slice or maybe two,
three or four, five or six,
as much as you could chew….

It really does not matter how many that you ate,
you’ll count them as you upchuck,
now wouldn’t that be great!

You cough a bit and suddenly the upchuck has begun,
you got to reach the bathroom,
you’re going to have to run.

Now that it’s all over you say,
“Boy that was kind of fun.”

0 comments: