Friday, May 30, 2008

The Dark Side.

Generally I oppose any article of clothing that has any sort of licensing on it, i.e. Disney, Strawberry Shortcake, Bratz, Barbie, etc. I think they look cheap and tacky. My apology to those of you who don’t share my view, you are free to dress your children in any article of clothing you see fit, and I will not judge you in any way shape or form, this is just my personal opinion. Many a time I have been in a store and had my daughter reduced to tears because I refuse to purchase some article of clothing with a licensed character on it. (Lauren’s opportunity to get even with me will be in 20 years when her children are only dressed in clothing with a licensed character.)

Well I have broken my own rule. You may or may not know but Mark has inherited Rick’s feet. For those of you not familiar with the feet of my husband they are wide at the top, narrow at the bottom and have a high instep. Mark’s feet are a mini version of Rick’s. Finding shoes to fit either of them is an impossible task. Many a shoe I have purchased and returned after bringing it home and trying it on. The only summer shoe I have found to fit Mark’s feet is the Croc. We are well on our way to having owned Crocs in every color. The good news about Crocs, aside from their fit, is that they are durable, easy to get on and off, in fact this year Mark can put them on and take them off himself, and they are easily washable. A simple rinse in the sink or run though the dishwasher and they are good as new. (I am serious about the dishwasher. Now I have not tried it myself, but a very famous chef, who only wears Crocs in his kitchen, washes them in his dishwasher. I am assuming without the dishes.)

A very good friend of mine who has a daughter with similar foot issues, found these Crocs and sent me the link. I could not refuse. I justified breaking my rule by telling myself that the train logo is small, unobtrusive, tastefully done, not tacky like other licensed products. Whatever, let’s just face it, I’ve gone to the dark side.

1 comments:

About Ours Good One Home said...

Oh Tiffany. This could be the beginning of the end. It started out for me as "just the character underwear" because no one else could see it. It is a slippery slope. Come join us.