Saturday, May 10, 2008

I've been adopted.

Jake and I have a mutual understanding, we tolerate each other. I am accommodating to him and he tries not be too annoying to me. Linda is truly is first love, followed by Jeff, Matt & Courtney, who all happen to be in Arizona for the weekend. Now they have left him in our care before, however this time is different. Jake has decided to adopt me. I think he figures with the amount of time Linda has been gone that perhaps she is not returning, and he had better make peace with me. I feel so honored. He is treating me just like Linda. When it is “happy hotdog” time I get no mercy until he is fed. He begs for treats and jumps with delight when the treat is forthcoming. In and out, in and out, all day long. I have however trained Mark to assume the duty of letting Jake in and out. Jake follows me around the house and sleep just outside my bedroom. He probably would like an invite in, and he would really like an invite to sleep on the bed, however I am afraid I have not developed the unconditional love for Jake that Linda has for him. But a few more days of being adored by him because I am taking care of him might just do the trick.

0 comments: