Sunday, May 4, 2008

Orally Fixated

We are still enjoying the never ending game of "What does Katie have in her mouth?" Here are a few examples of recent finds. The top silver knobs are off of the drawers containing my scrapbooking material. Katie was most excited to discover the drawers this week and the fun contents, including stickers, paper punches, and ribbon. She really like unrolling ribbon and winding it around herself. This provided several minutes of entertainment.
The pink foil object is from a piece of Easter candy, which of course was fished out of the trash can. She secretly fished out this out and kept it in her mouth for about an hour while sucking on her pacifier. Grandpa discovered this object.
The blue skirt is from a Polly Pocket. Lauren had the Polly Pockets out on Saturday, and Katie thought the dolls and all their little pieces were great fun. I am actually surprised she did not end up with more of the pieces parts in her mouth.



The paperclip she found attached to a Thomas train. Mark likes to take paperclips and attach them to the magnets on his Thomas train. Try as I might to locate and remove all the paperclips he still manages to find paperclips and attach them to his trains, and then Katie finds them. I swear that Mark must have a secret stash of paperclips that I am unaware of.

The wooden knob was found on Thomas track. Katie pulled it off. And of course there is the the whirlly thing from a tree that got tracked inside the house for Katie to find and taste.

On note in the World of Mark today, after church he was sitting at the counter eating lunch. He had water in his cup and easy access to the sink from where he was sitting. Well water is an attractive nuisance and the next thing I knew Mark had spilled his water and was getting water from the faucet everywhere. I started to clean it up and Mark asked if I was happy. I told him I was not happy about having to clean up his mess. He then said "Mommy can I give you kisses?" How could I refuse an offer like that. After giving me kisses he said "Mommy are you happy now?'' Nothing like the fine art of manipulation from a four year old.

1 comments:

Arianne said...

Wow Katie continues to make quite the haul! The pacifier plus object in mouth is impressive! I'm sure Kallie would love to get her hands on those Pollys when we come visit, her and Katie will be two peas in a pod!