Sunday, May 11, 2008

For the Love of Mommy.

This is a picture of Mark’s blanket, or as he likes to call it his “wittle blanky.” Once upon a time there was down feathers inside this blanket, but years of love and many washings have resulted in few feathers left, and it is mostly two pieces of fabric, with lots of dog hair from being drug around the house. Mark has slept with this blanket since he was born, with the exception of last night. In honor of Mother’s Day Mark decided that I should sleep with his blanket. He carefully placed it in my bed and said “Mommy you sleep with my blanket tonight.” The next morning he crawled into my bed to determine if I had actually followed through on my promise to sleep with his blanket. He happily found his blanket and declared “Mommy my blanket smell just like you.” Now I don’t know if that is good, but apparently to my four year old son it is delightful.

Finally I can’t complete a Sunday post without including what occurred at church today. In Sacrament meeting today the Primary children sang a medley of Mother’s Day songs. Mark was front and center with Lauren standing right next to him. While the children were gathering, he was placing his finger to his lips saying “Shhhhhh…..” then he announced “Shhhh…, listen to the teacher.” His shushing of the children continued on, quite loudly I might add, all through the song medley, despite Lauren’s efforts to remove his finger from the front of his mouth and quiet him down. Not a word of the song was uttered from his mouth, but lots of “Shhhhhhing” was. I was sitting about 2/3 of the way back in the chapel and could clearly hear him. After Sacrament was over I had more than one person comment on Mark’s conduct. I explained he is the third counselor in Primary responsible for reverence. He takes his job seriously.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

So cute that he gave you his blanket. . .we all know how special that is to him. Those are the good mommy moments.

Smullin Family said...

That is sweet he let you have his blankie for the night. What's even sweeter, in my book, is that you actually slept with it. I don't know if I'd be so nice. Maybe if it was freshly washed. :o)

Arianne said...

that is so sweet, melts my heart!