Monday, May 12, 2008

Ssssssssssssss........

That sound you hear is the sound of air escaping from my head. I was quite blonde last week. The last time I was this blonde was the years 1990-1994, which comprised the three years of law school and the first year out of law school. During that time period I managed to have four car accidents, all of which were rear end accidents, where I rear ended another car. The accidents were a symbolic commentary on my life at that time. Well now you can chalk that up to five rear end accidents. I will let you be the judge of whether or not my latest accident is a symbolic commentary on my life.


On Tuesday I was driving home from work in my 7 month old new car. Lets just say it is black and German made. If I gave you any more details it would prejudice you against any sympathy for me. I was driving down I-15 around 53rd South. I was in the fast lane because of course I am in my black. German made car. Next to me on the right is one of those trucks that carries new cars to car dealerships. It was full of Toyotas. On the truck was a Toyota Sequoia, with the new body style. I was quite intrigued because last year we had a Toyota Sequoia which we got rid of to get the black German made car. Rick loved the Sequoia but I was never really a fan because it was too big for me. What caught my attention about the new style was that it seemed smaller. While my attention was drawn to the distracting new cars next to me, the cars moving in front of me, ceased moving. I looked up and when I realized what was occurring I immediately slammed on my breaks with an “Oh ****” and seriously questioned if I was going to stop in time to avoid colliding with the small SUV in front of me. Bad news: Did not stop in time to avoid contact with small SUV. Good news: It was a minor bump, such that there was no damage to the car in front of me, in fact he did not even stop or pull over. My black, German made car, not so lucky. The hood of my car slid under the spare tire of the small SUV, leaving a dent in my hood. I was crushed, emotionally and physically. I LOVE my black, German made car more than any other car I have ever owned. Plus it was an anniversary present from Rick for 10 years of marriage.
The chink in my armor.
Now here is the tricky part, I have not exactly told Rick about unfortunate new chink in the armor of my black, German made car. Interesting enough it just didn’t seem to come up in conversation. So I am taking suggestions about how to break the news. Here is a list of options:

1. Not tell him, and explain my cars absence when it gets fixed as scheduled maintenance.
2. Let him read it on the blog. (This would tell me how often he reads our blog!)
3. Put a note in his lunch box.
4. During a dinner time conversation say “I wrecked my car, and can you pass the Ketchup?”
5. Send him either an email or text message.
6. Cry hysterically and beg for forgiveness.
Please feel free to comment and add any suggestion to my list!

2 comments:

Ciarran said...

You should wait until he reads your blog. Or text message because it's so hip and you know how to text now.

Lindsey said...

Oh, your pretty car! It is so funny because I backed into a pole this weekend too! The whole time I was like "please don't be to bad. . .please don't be to bad!" I was having images of Mike screaming at me (he has given up caffeine and is crabby!) But the damage wasn't bad and I did tell him and he wasn't mad. It is always best to tell the truth up front. . .that way they can't accuse you of hiding things!