Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Contest

Over Memorial Day weekend Heber Valley Railroad brings in Thomas the Tank Engine for rides and stories. Heber Valley Railroad in conjunction with a locally produced daytime talk show called Good Things Utah is offering a contest to be an honorary conductor of the Thomas the Tank Engine train. Well as you can imagine there is no little boy who has a love of Thomas more than Mark, so I knew I had to enter the contest because it would send him over the moon to get to be the conductor, shout “All aboard” and pull the train whistle.

The rules of the contest were quite simple, send a picture of your child, preferably dressed up as a conductor, along with a paragraph or two as to why your child should be selected, via email to Heber Valley Railroad. Starting on Monday May 5, through Thursday May 8, a qualifier will be announced on Good Things Utah. Out of those four qualifiers one will be chosen as the honorary conductor, and will appear on Good Things Utah on Friday to meet Sir Topham Hatt. Here is my photograph and entry, wish me luck!


All aboard!!!

At little boy of four I am,
I play with Thomas whenever I can.
In the morning the track I greet,
with shouts of joy, playing with Thomas can’t be beat.
By afternoon shunting has begun,
with freight cars giggling and having fun.
In the evening the action picks up steam,
with Sir Topham Hatt telling trains, “Don’t be mean.”
At bedtime a Thomas story is so keen,
so thoughts of Thomas I will dream.
- Mark Vincent

My son Mark plays with Thomas morning, noon and night.
Being chosen as a conductor would be really out of sight.
All aboard he would yell, while pulling on the whistling bell.
Wave and cheer to the crowd he would, he’d drive the train if he could.
Please pick Mark, it would make his day, his face would shine, just like a sun ray.
- Tiffany Vincent

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I hope they choose Mark, good luck!

Smullin Family said...

Good luck Mark!