Friday, May 9, 2008

There was much sadness in the land.

There was much sadness on the Island of Sodor today, for today Mark was not named honorary conductor of Thomas the Tank Engine. Did I not convey my sons’ love of Thomas. Do you know any child more obsessed with Thomas than my son? The winners did not even have poems. I did make a contingency plan should Mark not be selected, I told him the prize for the contest was to ride on a big Thomas train, because regardless of whether or not we won, we were planning on purchasing tickets. So Mark thinks he won, I am bitter.

The Island of Sodor
On another Mark note: I know that many of you enjoy the long running series I have on this blog of writing about what Mark says, because lets face it, the things that come out of his mouth leave me at a loss for words.

Here is what he said on Thursday:

He came home from pre-school and I asked him what he did at school. He responded “I made you a card.” I asked if it was for pre-school graduation and he told me it was for Mother’s Day. I asked if he was going to give me the card now or wait until Sunday. He said he would give it to me Sunday and told me “It’s a really big responsible job.”

Later in the afternoon Grandpa and Courtney left for Arizona to bring Linda and Matt home. I told Mark that Grandpa was going to bring Grandma home. He asked “Will I wake up tomorrow and find Grandma combing her hair.” I said “Not exactly, it’s going to be several days.” He misses Grandma.

Finally in the evening, he took a plastic container and dumped his cup of water into the container. I asked Mark what he was doing and was told “I got a container full of water. I’ll take it outside and it will evaporate into the clouds.” This coming from the kid who can’t hold a pencil correctly, let alone color in the lines.

2 comments:

A*Waite said...

Fun to hear about Mark and his adventures. I am sorry to hear that he didn't win the contest! I love to hear of his ambition to learn!! It is nice for me to hear that some preschoolers are taking in what is being taught and sharing it with their parents at home!
amber

Smullin Family said...

Mark, you are a smarty! I can't believe the comment about the water going up into the clouds. Taylee's in 3rd grade and is just now learning about that. Amazing!

Sorry about the contest. I'm glad Mark feels he won. :o)