Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Please release me let me go....


Its official I have been released from the Relief Society Presidency. I was not singled out for bad behavior, but rather our entire presidency was released. I guess it was about time, the president and first counselor had been in for three and a half years, me only a year and a half. While I could have lasted longer, clearly the president and first counselor have done their time. I have very mixed emotions. I really love the sisters I worked with in the presidency, and also the sisters we served. It is incredible to me how I have been able to develop a personal relationship with nearly every sister in the ward, and learn amazing things about these sisters. There is something special about serving that allows you to develop that relationship with the sisters you serve, and now I am released I still have the friendship, but it’s different.

The sisters I worked with in the presidency are outstanding women. Linda assures me that not all presidencies functions as well and as fluidly as we have. These women will be close friends for life and there is nothing that I would not do for them or them for me. This has been the best blessing of all, and a quite unexpected blessing I might add.

Now for what I will not miss, the time commitment. It has been huge. I am excited to have more time to devote to other worthwhile endeavors, such as organizing my house. It is an endless, thankless job, but I feel so good when it is done! I have to admit the thing that scares me the most is what new calling they have in store for me. I would really like a nice cush calling for a little while. Teaching Primary or Sunday School does not fall into my definition of a cush calling.
Do I feel like there were things we could have done better, yes. Do I feel like we tried to do our best, yes. Our goal was to have a united sisterhood in our ward, and to create activities where sisters could come and feel a bonding with other sisters, without judgment or clicks. We strove to have lessons on Sunday that invited the spirit, and very rarely did I walk out of Relief Society on Sunday without feeling the spirit. We struggled with visiting teaching in making companionships that would invite sisterhood. I feel like our presidency left a very special stamp on Relief Society. I am thankful for the opportunity.

3 comments:

Ciarran said...

On the bright side, maybe your months won't be quite as crazy now.

About Ours Good One Home said...

You truly did an absolutely amazing job, Tiffany. Truly. My hat goes off to you. Thank you for your service.

Smullin Family said...

I identify with the feeling of relief mixed with meloncoly (sp?). And then the worry of the next calling to come! Because of our recent move, I come from being Primary President to ????. Amen to a cushy calling for a while.