Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where does the Princess sleep?

The Princess, i.e. Katie, has official announced she is a big girl, no more baby for this girl. So it was time to put together a big girl room that has been waiting for Katie to occupy it. It is a room formerly occupied by Lauren prior to her room upgrade last year.

This was my inspiration. When Katie was born, Lindsey made this quilt for Katie, but let me chose the fabric. During my pregnancy, I became obsessed with the color orange and have not quite gotten over it. So I thought an orange and pink room would be perfect, plus it would be different from Lauren whose room in green and pink.

This is her bulletin board, for hanging all sorts of "treasures."

Here are some cute decorations for her book shelves. (Note the flowers, Lauren painted the orange and pink on the flowers, and then I covered them with scrapbook paper.)

Of course she had to have a shelf! (Arianne did the letters when Katie was born.)

Finally her bed. The princess crown was left over from Lauren's occupancy of the room. I cut the orange and pink flowers out with my Cricket which cuts vinyl, and simply stuck them on the wall. They were the easiest part of the whole redecorating project.
I got everything ready and put the whole room together while Katie was taking a nap. Her eyes got big with excitement when she saw her room. The only problem, she did not get the message that the Princess sleeps here, because she refused to sleep in her new room. For right now she still wants to sleep in the crib, which is in the alcove off of my room. I guess there is a little bit of "baby" left after all....




3 comments:

Arianne said...

Oh my goodness, I'm dying over how cute this is! Those colors just make me happy!

Brooke said...

You are so creative! That room is adorable! Great color selection!

Jenny said...

Wow, such a cute room. I love the peachy colors!!