Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ahoy, maties....

Utah County has a new family friendly attraction, called Pirate Island. (Think, Chucky Cheese, only better food, and cleaner, but only because it is newer...) It is a restaurant, gift shop and of course fun arcade games. We bravely made our pilgrimage to Pirate Island on a Saturday for lunch, knowing full well that we were probably embarking on about two hours of parenting hell, all for the sake of our children.....

Here is Mark in his finest pirate attire. As we were leaving the house Mark said, "Let's set sail for Pirate Island!" While we were there Mark spoke "pirate" to our waiter. Now you might ask, how does my Thomas loving boy know pirate? Well the day before in school they spoke pirate in honor of national speak like a pirate day. Oddly enough I don't recall that from my time in elementary school...

Lauren and Katie with drinks, patiently waiting for the food. We ordered pizza and an appetizer of onion rings. The onion rings were some of the best onion rings I have ever eaten in my life. I would go back just for the onion rings! The pizza.....well it was definitely a cut above Chucky Cheese, which is not saying much seeing as how I think Chucky Cheese pizza tastes like cardboard, but it was not the worst pizza I have ever eaten. It was heavy on cheese and light on sauce. Personally I prefer more sauce to cheese.

After lunch it was on to arcade games, with the goal to win as many tickets as possible to be redeemed for prizes.

Here is Mark taking his turn.

Lauren found herself a motorcycle to ride. It was a really cool game, the motorcycle tilted side to side, so you could really get the feel of riding one, and I thought it was the only safe way to ride a motorcycle.
I do believe we will be voyaging to Pirate Island again...Arrrrrrggggggg.





3 comments:

Ciarran said...

Was Katie too cool to wear her pirate hat? It looks like they had fun!

Lora Dawn said...

-
oh - - so now you are all bilingual, aye?

Arianne said...

well that was mighty brave of you, looks like they had a great time!