Monday, September 28, 2009

No whit, charm or mirth....

There will be no witty parlay from me to day. No charm of my children's antics, no mirth at the comedy of my life, you see I am a bit under the weather.

It began about a week ago, on a night when I could not shut off my brain and sleep. The next day I felt weak and tired, and by evening I had a sore throat. (common occurrence when I have had insufficient rest) By the following day I was in full blown sick mode. Watery eyes, runny nose, scratchy throat, and sneezing. No fever or aches, which leads me to question do I have a cold or have I developed fall allergies?

In either case I feel yucky, physically and emotionally. Its hard to be witty, charming or mirthful when you feel like crap, and want to lay on the couch, under a blanket watching really bad TV. Will be seeking drugs, soon.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I feel your pain! I have been sick just like that for the past week. I decided to call in sick today to see if rest is the best medicine! Lets hope!

Arianne said...

Oh sad! It is so bad being sick when you're the mom, at least before kids we could call in sick and sleep and watch TV all day!

Lora Dawn said...

Blimey, mate . . . . I hope you find some movies to make you smile. . . and some meds that numb the pain as you heal