Monday, September 6, 2010

Too scoot.

Ok, the kids and I have this thing we have been doing that is pretty silly. It all started about three weeks ago when Lauren was practicing for 4-H modeling.

I needed an area approximately the size of the stage she would be modeling on, so she could get her timing correct. Believe it or not, nothing on the inside of my house was large enough. So we exited to the back yard to our concrete sports court. As Goldilocks would say "It was just right."

After Lauren took several turns practicing her cat walk and timing it to my description of her outfit, all the kids decided that scooter riding in the sports court was in order.

Now this was not any ordinary scooter riding, this was scooter riding timed to music and judged by mommy. (I know we are a bit competitive.....probably need some therapy for that...) What was required of me, was the speakers for my i-pod, to select the correct song for each child, and then to judge.

At first they were all riding at the same time, however Mark thought it should be demolition derby on his scooter, which he had not cleared with his sisters. Lauren and Katie did not appreciate being run into and cut off. So I had to make a rule, one child at a time.

Katie in motion.

Mark in motion.


Lauren in motion.

Lauren being graceful.
Now every night after dinner I am asked about scooter riding. So out we go, armed and loaded. The kids usually choose a "show tune" to ride to and I have to admit there is as much singing as there is riding. I am quite convinced the neighbors must think we are crazy......





0 comments: