Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I ate my way through NYC.....

The food, the food, oh the food I ate in NYC....... Let's just say that although EVERY menu item in NYC show the caloric content, I ignored that small detail. (I think it must be some city code thing, because everywhere we went there was full disclosure of what we consumed. Too much information if you ask me.)



This yummy treat is a red velvet cupcake from Crumbs. The best cupcake I ate in NYC. The frosting had sufficient amounts of sugar and the cake was thick and dense.


This is a peanut butter and chocolate cookie from Crumbs. Not so good. Crumbs clearly should stick to cupcakes, because this cookie lacked flavor, and was hard, not chewy or soft.


First night we were in NYC we ate at this amazing Italian restaurant and I had the best salad I have ever eaten in my life. It was a spinach base with portabello mushrooms, asparagus, black olives, tomatoes, grated asiago cheese, with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. The girls did not share my enthusiasm. After being on the red eye flight and running around the city all day, they literally slept during dinner. I finally had to have the waiter get a diet coke for Lauren to get this girl going, after all we still had a Broadway show to see that evening.


This yummy treat would be frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity.


Sunday night it was on to Balthazar's. Alicia is a food network junkie, and prior to our trip she had been noting food network recommendations. Many of the places we ate were at the suggestion of the food network. The pasta you see in the photo was what Lauren ordered.

This is what I ordered. Yep one juicy steak, along with french fries, or as it said on the menu "with ponmes frites & maitre d butter sauce."
Apparently Balthazar's specializes in "ponmes frites" Yes they tasted as good as they looked.

Here we are ready to dig in. Alicia ordered chicken and let me tell you it was one of the juiciest chickens I have every seen.

After finishing our delicious dinner, we decided to walk it off, as we hiked 1.1 miles up Broadway to Max Brenners for chocolate pizza.

Trust me it tasted as good as it looked!

Finally another food network recommendation, Magnolia Bakery.

This was the delicious treat I consumed there!
Lets just say this was not a vacation where the word diet was used....

1 comments:

Rochelle said...

Salivating. . . drooling. . . bitterly jealous!!!