Friday, September 10, 2010

Its just that black and white.

The bridal shower I was recently invited to had a black and white theme, due in large part to the bride's desire to decorate her house using those colors. Each attendee was given a room to focus and center their gift around. The room I got, the bedroom..... Now I probably could have had a lot of fun with this in a twisted sort of way, but since this was a family shower, and this is a family blog, I exercised restraint in my gift giving, and will exercise restraint in sharing with you what thoughts actually came to mind.....

So with that in mind, what do you do for a bedroom that is black and white, and within a reasonable budget? Good news for me, two of my friends who were also invited to the shower, also got the bedroom so we put our heads together, and decided to make her a bulletin board. Now I know that it doesn't really seem like a bulletin board goes in the bedroom, but have you ever seen the apartment/house any newly married couple? They want to use any and all available wall space to slap up pictures of themselves together. (Give them 3 years or a baby, and they will be soooooo over THAT.)

So why not a bulletin board in the bedroom? It makes changing out pictures so very easy! And as an added benefit when that baby does come along, away go the happy couple pictures and out comes endless amounts of baby snap shots.

So here are the raw materials for the bulletin board.

Sue, and Chris and I cut the pieces and created the lay out.

And now the finished product. We told the bride that if it she did not like it, or it wasn't her taste, we would be more than happy to take the item back....she liked it..... darn it!


0 comments: