Monday, September 27, 2010

American Girl Place

If you are going to NYC with two nine year old girls you WILL be going to American Girl Place. (I have to admit my hats off to whomever came up with this very clever, and successfully marketed product, designed to make parents part with their money, and by money I mean LOTS of money, to fulfill the desire of their daughters...)

Here are Lauren and Chloe outside, excited to go in and find treasures.

They both love this camper and both think it would be a wonderful addition to their collection. At a cool $295 both moms said "no!"

When Lauren learned we would be going to NYC and a trip to American Girl Place was on the agenda, she began saving her money. She already has several of the historical dolls, but wanted a doll that looked like her. Lauren babysat for me this summer whenever I needed to run an errand, or take Mark to karate which is how she earned almost enough for her doll. (Ok, I made up the difference, because she never complained about babysitting and she even had to change a poopy diaper or two...) Great minds must think alike, because Alicia, Chloe's mom, made her earn her money too. Chloe already had a doll that looked like her so she wanted a historical doll. Although Chloe earned her money by modeling for one of her mom's clients. I think Lauren wanted to trade Chloe jobs.....

Lauren in front of "Julie" the doll from the 70's which happens to be Lauren's favorite historical doll.
Did I mention they pierce your dolls ears for a cool $14? (I think that might me more than what they charge at the mall?!!!) Yes, the doll now had pierced ears, and earnings, and mommy has less money.

The bag with the goods. Lauren managed to talk me into three new outfits for her doll....I told you the marketing behind this product was genius.

0 comments: