Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Did you miss me???

Did you miss me??? New York City called and I had to answer. Its actually been calling for about 8 months now, because its been a while since I came a calling.

Last April I saw my friend Alicia, who does shopping tours to NYC, China, and Italy, and I asked her if she was planning an NYC trip anytime soon. At that time she didn't have any specific plan, but come three months later she called and said she was putting a tour together, and asked if I was still interested. Of course I was!

Alicia said she was going to bring her 9 year old daughter, Chloe with her and asked if I would be interested in taking Lauren. Of course I was!

We cleared our calendar, booked our tickets, and packed our bags. Here a few highlights of the trip.


Lauren at the airport, patiently waiting to board the airplane.

We landed. Did I mention that it was a red eye flight? We left SLC at 11:45 p.m. and arrived in NYC 6:15 a.m. (4:15 a.m. SLC time) Upon arrival it was a shuttle to the hotel. These two are looking a little too spry for only having a few hours of airplane sleep.

Subway riding is always an adventure.

Wicked was on the agenda. Lauren's verdict, it was "awesome, cool, awesome, wicked."

Shopping in China town. Lauren scored a purse, and of course I had to get one for Katie. I did not buy ONE single purse for me in China town. Clearly my medication needs to be checked....

While Alicia was shopping with some of the ladies on the tour, I took the girls to Ground Zero and a new museum. This is the hat of a fire fighter who was in the building and survived the collapse.

Of course there was shopping involved. In fact I am quite amazed we did not get kicked out of several stores for our rather wild behavior....

Times square was shouting distance from our hotel.

Did I mention shopping.....?

We went to Church on Sunday in the building that also houses the temple.

Central Park after church. In case you can't tell by the picture, American Girl Place was a hit, and each girl is sporting a new doll. (Don't worry I have a whole blog post planned about THAT experience...)

Lauren and I in Central Park.
Alright now I have "wet" your appetite for my trip with some of the highlights, you can look forward to several days of blog posts with all the dirty details.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

You are the only person I know who goes on SHOPPING TOURS and I am SO JEALOUS!! That sounds like a riot!!! Also, what a great opportunity to bond with Laurn. How was Wicked? I've always wanted to see that.

Tiffany Hales said...

Ok, this is the third time I have seen it, and I still LOVE it!

Lora Dawn said...

I'm likin' the curly hair look in Times Square.