Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lost in translation.

As you know from an earlier blog post my work has been demanding and overwhelming to the point that my cushy part time job as morphed into a full time job, which is still a wonderful job, but I am working more hours that I would like to work. As a result I made the decision to hire a housekeeper. (In reality Rick found her for me, because he knew left up to me I would never take the leap, it just seemed too indulgent.)

She is a very nice Hispanic lady, whose name is Rosalina. She comes one day a week, on Wednesday morning, and spends about three hours mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning my bathrooms and kitchen. It really has been wonderful, and I LOVE Wednesday afternoon, because Mark goes to school, Katie takes a nap, and I enjoy two hours in a wonderfully clean house!

The only problem is, she does not speak very good English and my Spanish is well...limited. On a good day I can count to 10.

The first time she came she found my daily shower cleaner and fell in love with the product. Now when I say she loves the product, I mean she LOVES the product. She uses it to clean everything. Kitchen counters, stove stop, microwave, bathroom counters, it really does not matter, if it is a surface it gets cleaned with daily shower cleaner. I have tried to explain to her what the product is designed for, but my explanation has been lost in translation. So when she leaves at noon on Wednesday, I have an entire house that is shower fresh.

1 comments:

Arianne said...

That is funny, is it working well? Maybe I should try it!