Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Joker.

Last Saturday it was time to take down the Halloween decorations, and conclude our fall season, in preparation to move right into Christmas. (As I have said in the past Thanksgiving is simply a warm up for Christmas.) Mark and Katie were helping me take the decorations down. Lauren was mysteriously absent.....

I turned on some music for background and selected the 70's channel from the vast array of musical choices available via Dish Network. Well in the process of taking Halloween down the song "The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band came on. For those of you who were not a child of the 70's as I or simply do not recall the song, the song praises the virtues of smoking pot, smoking the mj, doing a doobie, in generally getting high.

Well pretty soon I heard Mark singing part of the song and saying "I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker." Apparently he found the words catchy and clever, and proceeded to add them to his vocabulary. Hummm.....what is a mother to do? I am not too worried about him singing the song at church, because I think it would probably be over most people's heads, but school that could be another matter.....

I wonder how much trouble I could get in for allowing my five year old to sing about smoking pot?

1 comments:

Arianne said...

That's funny, I hope he's still singing that when we come to visit I wanna hear!