Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Fun!

When Halloween falls on a Saturday, the result is Halloween is a weekend event rather that just a day long event.

It started out on Friday morning with Mark and Lauren needing to be decked out in their Halloween finest for school, I mean really, you can't party if your not in costume.

Here is Lauren, errr, I mean Taylor Swift.

Here is Mark, ready to rescue on a moments notice. I wisely chose to forgo the ax.....Mark and sharp tools, well that is just an invitation for trouble.

After school was over it was on to Omniture, where uncle Brian works for the all out Halloween blast that they produce every year. Here is Princess Katie patiently waiting her turn for scary rooms and CANDY.
Seriously, after their haul at Omniture, which included mini candy bars to an excess, doughnuts, and Hostess treats, their pumpkins were full, and there was really no need to beg the neighbors for more. However my kids did not see it that way...


Here are the kids in the "Simpson's" room at the Omniture party.

Lauren in a diva pose, well after all she is Taylor Swift!

No Halloween is complete without the use of our fog machines. On Saturday afternoon, just in time for the Halloween rush they made their debut. One cool machine that we added this year that my kids, and every other kid loved, was a bubble fog machine. The machine spits out bubbles, and when they pop, fog is dispersed. You can see Lauren and Mark in this picture with the bubbles. I have to admit it was really cool!
We had a ton of trick or treater's on Saturday night. I had oodles of candy, and we still ran out and had to shut down about 9:00 p.m. The saddest thing about running out of candy, (which has never happened in the past) no left over Halloween treats for me! Oh, well with the stash my kids got they will not notice a few mini candy bars missing here and there.....

3 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Oh yes, parent privilege of frequent sampling. Must bring home chocolate to momma.

Ciarran said...

I love your kids!

Carol said...

I only had 11 kids come to my door on Halloween. That's what happens when you live on the hill and there are empty lots between the houses. It's too much trouble for the kids so very few come.