Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I am so stinkin spoiled!

Sunday was by birthday, and rather than it just being a day long celebration, it was a whole weekend celebration! After all isn't that how it is supposed to be?

On Saturday Rick took the kids to Cold Stone Creamery to select my cake. I have a known LOVE of peanut butter so the cake was a Recess's Peanut Butter cake.

It was yummy and rich....in fact Jeff, Linda, Brian and Courtney came over on Sunday night and I forced left over cake upon them, and I STILL have half a cake left!


Rick and the kids selected two fine presents for me, an electric throw blanket to keep me warm while sitting on the couch and reading cases, and the second season of Designing Women.


My friend Carol, who is seriously one of the most talent, creative people I know, if fact I envy her style, because it is amazing, gave me a luscious purple scarf that is going to look totally HOT with this new grey coat I have, and a really cool frame with the best picture that has been taken of me in years. (Carol took the picture, I tell you her camera is magic.)


Sherry, who knows and understand my love of a fine cookie, gave me four of the finest sugar cookies know to man. In fact you can see one of the cookies did not completely make it into the picture....what can I say I have no self control when it comes to these cookies.



Finally my friend Sue, who knows my love of jewelry gave me this great pearl necklace set! Which I will be pair up with a super cute outfit to wear under the grey coat with the stylish purple scarf.
In addition to wonderful gifts from great friends, I had a ton of friends who sent birthday wishes, and called to wish me birthday happiness.


I was totally and completely spoiled for my birthday weekend, and the partying continues this week with treats at work today, and several lunch dates with friends. I am so stinkin spoiled!!!






4 comments:

Arianne said...

Yay, I'm so glad you had a good b-day and that you have such fabulous friends! That cake looks so darn good, I just might have to find an excuse to have one of those before my pregnancy is over!

Brooke said...

Hooray! I am glad you had a great birthday! Happy birthday, I hope you have a great year!!!

Lora Dawn said...

Oh those cookies could inspire some serious cookie craving ----great gift!

I remember when you were born. We were all SO excited!

angela said...

yes, you are darn spoiled,
I got pajamas and a bike reflector for my birthday, the pearls will have to wait.
Yum on those cookies.
Happy Belated Birthday