Monday, November 16, 2009

The corruption continues....

On Friday night, to honor my birthday, I got to do things I love, going to the craft store and going out to dinner. Rick came over and we loaded the kids into the car and headed up to Salt Lake to the place I call the mother ship, Hobby Lobby. (If they don't have it, you don't need it.)

The Hobby Lobby provided me with some wonderful Christmas tree ornaments for a new tree I am doing in my basement. (Its very chic, line green, silver and black.) My basket was full, my children had enough of the mother ship, and it was time to stand in line to pay. As Rick and I were standing in line we began discussing where to go for dinner. I asked about a place called McCools that I saw when we drove into the shopping development where the mother ship is located. Rick told me it was a sports bar. Mark, who was listening to our discussion of dinner plans, asked what a sports bar was. Rick explained that it was a place where guys go to watch games and drink beer. Mark then began discussing wanting to drink beer, and wondering if McCools also had Sprite. We told him McCools has Sprite and that he probably didn't want to drink beer because it tasted nasty. Then it was my turn to pay.

The kids were getting restless so Rick said he would take the kids outside and see what other restaurants were in the area. Mark, who suddenly realized we were not going to McCools, started yelling, loudly I might add, "I want to go to the restaurant where the beer is!" Everyone within a 20 foot radius of me began looking at my five year old and then me, probably wondering what kind of a mother has a five year old who want to go to the restaurant where beer is served?

Apparently I am the kind of a mother who has a five year old who takes into consideration the service of beer in his restaurant choices.

2 comments:

Ciarran said...

Happy birthday! I was going to call you yesterday but things have been crazy what with school and work and Colin got swine flu which has turned into pneumonia. Anyway, I will call soon because I need a Tiffany fix! Happy late birthday!

Arianne said...

That is hilarious!