Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pool time, family reunion part -2

Kids pool time was scheduled at the same time as card making, which presented a challenge for me, how to direct card making, yet ensure that my children were adequately supervised...

Up stepped Colin and Ciarran to the plate, and offered to watch my children while I directed card making. I felt relief, because Mark and Katie each need their own set of eyes watching them in the pool. Lauren she has enough sense of self preservation that I never worry about her.

Here is Lauren floating around on her boogie board.

Here is Ciarran floating Katie around on the boogie board.

Mark laying claim to the pool toys he wants.

Katie in the hot tub. Katie went back and forth between the hot tub and the pool, carefully followed and monitored by Ciarran. At the conclusion of two hours in the pool with my kids, Ciarran was exhausted, and questioned how I kept up with them all day. Don't look for her to be taking on the title of "mom" anytime soon. For now the title of "aunt" is just fine with her.




1 comments:

Ciarran said...

I like pretending that your kids are mine for short intervals.