Friday, August 7, 2009

Oat Bars.

Since Fabulous Card Friday is now over, I have decided to start a new tradition for my Friday posts, I am going to post cooking and craft things I have done. Because in case you haven't noticed, I have been a little overboard in the crafting department lately.....thinking an intervention might be necessary.....

One of my good friends, Sue, has a daughter who is getting married on August 15, 2009. To honor Jane Anne we of course had to have a bridal shower. I made these yummy treats for her shower.

Chocolate Caramel Oat Bars
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 sticks butter, chilled, cut into pieces.
Combine ingredients in either food processor, or mixer. Add butter and cut in, using off/on until crumbs begin to stick together. Remove 2 cups of the crumb mixture and set it aside. Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
1 12oz package of semi sweet chocolate chips
Sprinkle chocolate chips over the mixture pressed into pan.
1/2 cup whipping cream
20 pieces of Kraft caramel
Bring cream to a simmer over medium heat. Add the caramels and stir until melted. Pour over the crust and chocolate chips. Sprinkle the reserved 2 cups of crumbs over and bake 35-45 minutes or until the edges look golden brown. Cool and refrigerate.

0 comments: