Monday, August 10, 2009

4-H Project #1

In order to stay in the good graces of my mother, I decided I had better not only teach Lauren to sew, but ensure she carried on the tradition of 4-H. So we tackled her first 4-H sewing project. A dress.

Here she is using the surger.

You have to pin, right sides together.

Then you must sew in VERY straight lines.
(Note, my mothers old Elna sewing machine for extra good karma)

The finished product! (Ok, I admit I did the straps, they were a little beyond her ability, and the fabric came pre-gathered, but still for a first project...) I think my mother must have been smiling on me, Lauren did a great job, and can sew very well for a beginner, much better, and much more patient than I was her her age...but then again it could have been the instructor....oops did I just say that?

3 comments:

Ciarran said...

I miss your kids already...

angela said...

Maybe Lauren can make something to put in the next family auction.

Arianne said...

oh my, I am so impressed! Is there anything this girl can't do?! Ask her if she'd be willing to make Kallie's wedding dress in about 25 years.