Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Advanced Card Making.

On Friday night Lauren and I attended a send off party for a daughter of a good friend of mine. This daughter, Meredith, is Miss Utah's Outstanding Teen, and she is headed off to Florida to compete in Miss America's Outstanding Teen. The Outstanding Teen pageant is part of the Miss America organization, and they compete just like the Miss America contestents, with interview and talent, but instead of swimsuit they have lifestyle and fitness. At the send off party Meredith modeled her gowns, played her harp, and did a mock interview. She was outstanding, and if I do say so myself has an excellent chance and doing really well in the national competition.

I wanted to do something to support Meredith, and her mom had told me how important it was to the girls to receive cards and letters of support while at the pageant. So on went my thinking cap to design a really cute card for Meredith, which reflected what a girly, girly she is, and her love of dolls.

This is what I came up with......


(ok, this card was not actually for Meredith, but after I designed the cards for Meredith, I made this one for a friend who had a birthday)

Pink is Meredith's favorite color, good thing its mine too!

In this card I tried to copy one of the dresses Meredith wore.

This card is my favorite, out of all the cards I made.

Meredith didn't wear anything gold, but I still thought the gold with the silver shoes was cute.



This is the first card I designed, which is similar to one of the gowns Meredith will be wearing in the competition.
I had so much fun with the project I decided I needed to share my fun. So for those of you attending my card making activity at the family reunion, I am going to bring materials to make these cards. Now these cards will be different from the other cards. The other cards have everything cut out and ready to be glued on. I am not doing any pre-cutting with this card. I am simply bring the supplies, and anyone who wants to make this card should be prepared to bring their creativity, however I will be available for consultations.....





6 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

As a doll lover myself, those are vying for a blue ribbon in cute.

Arianne said...

darling! I'm so glad you're bringing the stuff with you, I'm thinking these would be perfect for Beehive b-day cards!

Brooke said...

adorable! Those are so cute! Did you use a cricket to cut out the body shape and dress? They are so perfect!

Tiffany Hales said...

Actually I used my Sizzix. I bought Lauren the paperdoll cut out with dresses for Christmas a year ago, but I think I have had more fun with it that she has!

Smullin Family said...

I hope I'm advanced enough, for the advanced card making. :o)
I'm a doll lover too. Must be in the genes. These are sooooo cute!

KarenWaite said...

I love these! Such a cute idea... :)