Thursday, August 20, 2009

The first day of school!

"Its the most wonderful time of the year..." I know its a Christmas song, but when Staples plays it on their commercials for back to school time, a smile can be found on my face. Now I have loved having the kids home for the summer, I have especially LOVED sleeping in and not having to get everyone out the door by 8:45 a.m.

That being said, I will not miss being the entertainment committee chair, along with chief referee of all disputes, and the short order lunch time chef. So bring on school, mommy is READY!

The third grade fashionista.
(We spent HOURS selecting just the right outfit for the first day)
FYI, message bags are the "new backpack."

The "un" fashionista. Quite frankly we are hoping he will wait to pull down his pants to go to the bathroom until AFTER he reaches the bathroom stall....as opposed to home where the announcement of potty activity is made and the pants are immediately dropped. The boy has no shame.

We are also hoping to NOT get kicked out of kindergarten. We will consider our kindergarten experience a success if both of these mile stones occur.


4 comments:

Arianne said...

I can't believe school started already! Mark looks SO grown up, can't wait for the tales of kindergarten!

Ciarran said...

Yay for back to school! Mark does look grown up.

Lora Dawn said...

It must have been a Mark twin I saw coming out of my elementary school bathroom last spring - - - -trotting out while still pulling up his pants from knee level. Ya wouldn't want to waste any recess time, ya know.

Smullin Family said...

I'm agreeing with "the most wonderful time of year". Our kids still have until the 31st, but I've been ready for weeks now. Can't wait.