Friday, September 26, 2008

Suppressed desire.

We have a secret suppressed desire in our house, we all want to be the next singing sensation. Quit laughing, I realize that some of us, me in particular, have no musical ability what so ever, but that does not stop me from dreaming of being on stage with lights, full musical accompaniment, and adoring fans. Ok, I guess I will settle for my well lit family room, music coming from the television speakers, and children who at the moment think mommy is the "bomb."

Well to fulfil our fantasy, Rick purchased this American Idol playstation game. It has been a huge hit. It came into our house on Saturday, and despite our best efforts Lauren basically determined possession is nine tenths of the law and refused to hand over the microphone all week-end long. Her favorite song: "My Cherie amour" which is now my least favorite song. The game grades you on pitch, tune, singing the words, etc and you get a critique from Randy, Paula and Simon. You can compete against other people. I have to admit for not being a video game fan this game is REALLY fun.


We invited Courtney, Brian and Linda over to join in our fun, and trust me it was FUN.


You don't even have to know the words to the song, they flash across the television screen, and you read them. You can also see your pitch meter so you know how well, or um, bad you are doing.

On Monday Rick went to work, Lauren and Mark were at school, which meant for the first time I had the game AND the house all to myself. YES!!!! I spent about two hours lost in the fantasy that I was an actual singer, and the only person to truly know that I am not was Katie, and she is not talking.


However while lost in my fantasy, Katie left to her own devices, decided to empty the box of wipes all over the kitchen floor.


Ok, back to reality and chasing my 16 month old baby around the house cleaning up the wake of her damage......

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I guess they've found a new way to promote karaoke. But seriously, that looks like tons of fun.

angela said...

I want to try while everyone else is gone. some where over the rainbow is my song, long sustained tones.

Angela