Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lauren's surprise

One of the things Arianne and I did when she recently came for her visit was to go to Swiss Days in Midway. Swiss Days is well known for awesome craft booths, so we thought we would check it out and perhaps steal some ideas. One of the "hot" items at Swiss Days was magnetic boards.



Lauren was gone last weekend with her grandparents on a trip so I surprised her and made a magnetic board for her room. I purchased a basic frame and magnetic board from the craft store. I sanded the frame, painted it white and then glued scrapbook paper all around the edge. I "sealed the deal" with Mod Podge, and embellished with ribbon and flowers. I made coordinating magnets with clear glass stones, and scrapbook paper.

3 comments:

Smullin Family said...

I LOVE it!
My sister-in-law, Karen, did this for her kids in there play room. It's awesome because then they can have their artwork displayed, but keep the refrigerator (or everywhere else) clear of cute artwork clutter. :o)
I seriously NEED one of these. I have SO much kid artwork I don't know what do to.
What kind of craft supply store has the metal sheet stuff... or could you find it at a home improvement store?

Unknown said...

Both, if you want a really large board I would recommend a home improvoment store, however you will have to make your own frame, otherwise I found this in the craft store, unfinished then finished and decorated.

Arianne said...

It turned out so cute! I definitely need to make one, maybe I'll have to give Home Depot a second chance. . . or just wait until my next UT trip!