Thursday, September 25, 2008

On a positive note.

I will say one positive thing about the cold I have experienced, the congestion can be a blessing. Late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, I was checking my email before I went to bed. All of the sudden I heard Mark crying. I found him at the top of the stairs. I was trying to determine if he had a bad dream or what exactly was going on. In a state of half consciousness Mark told me that he threw up in his bed. I went to investigate and sure enough he was correct, a lovely site awaited me. As we entered his room another wave of nausea hit him, and I was able to grab his bath towel he had left on the floor from early in the day, thus preventing me from having to get out the carpet shampooer. A bath was in order along with a full stripping of his bed. Good news, he has two beds in his room, so at least I did not have to make up a bed for him. After getting him cleaned up, teeth brushed, and back in bed he kept saying “Thank you mommy,” and I could feel that he was truly grateful that I was there to help and comfort him. As I was tucking him back in he started to get tears in his eyes when he realized I was leaving. So I lied down on the bed next to him for about 10 minutes and rubbed his back and head until I was convinced that he had calmed down enough to go to sleep.

So why is congestion good? Well I did smell a thing, which is always good when dealing with any substance deposited by Mark.

1 comments:

Arianne said...

awww, what a sweet little sick boy. Glad you didn't have to smell it!