Monday, September 1, 2008

A crafting we will go.

No sisters week-end is complete without a craft project. Arianne and I spend months drooling over what fun project we want to do when we get together. The last few times it has been cards, but this time we wanted to do something different. One of Arianne's friends had these file folders that have fun gospel related games, so we decided to make those, for our kids to play in church.

Arianne gathered all the material and brought it to my house for assembly. You will note in the picture Arianne is gluing some dark silver stuff on a piece of paper and you can see a large roll of the dark silver stuff in the picture. The dark silver stuff is called "Shim in a can" I am SOOOO excited about the many uses I am going to find for this product. It is metal, it is paper thin, can be cut with scissors, and glued on to paper. The metal allows you to attach a magnet. We put it on the back of the games and then attached a magnet to the game pieces.


Here is me working on my file folders.


Here is what the completed folders look like.

This is the inside of the folder entitled "The Tithing Tree."


This folder is "Grandpa's Garden."
There was lots of talking, joking and of course crying during our craft bonding which is exactly how we like it!

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

I LOVE it! This sounds like so much fun.
I've never heard of this new crazy fun material...I'll have to look into getting some of that.
Happy visiting and crafting... that's my kind of fun.

Leah said...

Those look like such fun folders. Where did you find them? I'm thinking those might pass the time quite nice in the car.