Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dancing with the Stars, here we come!

Lauren started ballroom dance this week, after I had to take out a second mortgage on the house to pay for it. As a parent you think "Oh it would be a good activity, good exercise, and fun, lets sign up for a class!" Class is $40 per month, that's not too bad.... So after you have committed, and gotten your child excited about it, they hand you the piece of paper with the dress code for class. I am thinking "Dress code? What? This is supposed to be 'baby ballroom' and you expect a dress code. Can't they just take their shoes off and learn a few steps????" No apparently they can not. Dress code will be enforced.

The shoes were $60, to dye the shoes cost an additional $20, and she had to have a black skirt. Well they don't make black ballroom skirts in her size so I had to make one at a cost of $20. I am up to $100 invested in this gig and have not even paid for the class yet. Looking forward to finding out how much the performance fee and costume are going to set me back.

On a brighter note, Lauren took to it like a fish to water. She LOVED it. The first class she learned part of the "cha cha." She came home, put her shoes on and promptly went down to the dance studio we have in our basement and practiced. Four years of ballet and I have never seen that before. The next day without any prompting from me she again put her shoes on and practiced. Yeah this is going to cost me........


3 comments:

Melanie said...

Ah, but look how cute she is! What a fun pose.

Arianne said...

That picture is really really cute! I can't wait to see her dance, tell her I expect a performance next time I come.

Amber said...

that picture is priceless! Lauren honey...you will certainly be a star! I love it, and those shoes make a difference!