Monday, September 15, 2008

I have the meanest mommy ever!

I want to go on record as saying that I have the meanest mommy ever, she made me go to the doctor. Now my last visit to the doctor was in November 2007 and my brain was much smaller and less developed then, and I really did not recall what going to the doctor was about, I assumed it was like any other fun outing my mommy takes me on, like the grocery store, Target, grandma's house, but nooo, fun was not to be had at the doctor's office.

First I was required to get on the scale, every girl's worst nightmare, and a humiliation if you have a few extra rolls like me. I weighed in at 28 pounds, but bear in mind that was fully clothed with a diaper on, so give a pound or two for clothes, shoes and my diaper. Next I had to take my clothes off, although they did permit me some dignity in allowing me to keep my diaper on. Then this guy with dark hair and a blue shirt came in and started poking and prodding me. Mommy kept calling him Dr. Harkness. To me he was a strange guy with cold hands and instruments.

He is listening to my heart and I am trying to decide if I am going to scream at him.
Next he wanted to look in my ears, what was that about????
After Dr. Harkness finished poking and prodding, these two nurses came in and each one grabbed a leg.
Without any warning they stuck something sharp into each leg. They repeated this two more times. Mommy said they were shots and I got a total of 6, three in each leg.
As you can see I was MAD. What did my mommy do, did she provide comfort, no, she stood their taking pictures so she could blog about my humiliation and pain. She really is the meanest mommy ever!

4 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Sometimes there has to be a little pain or suffering for a good blog. Too bad it had to be Katie. Poor Katie.

Melanie said...

Aww, poor trusting child. I haven't taken Morgan to the doctor since he was two months old. We have an appointment coming soon though. I wonder what he'll think of it all.

Arianne said...

ahhh, poor baby! I showed Kallie these pictures and she looked very concerned.

A*Waite said...

I just don't think I could ever be one of those nurses, what torture.