Saturday, April 26, 2008

Your never too young....

As a young child growing up Barbies were one of my favorite toys. My older cousin Debbie, had quite the collection and I LOVED going to her house to play with her Barbies. I still dream about the "Barbie Friendship" airplane she had, it was the coolest thing ever. Every once in while I will get on ebay and look at ones for sale and still dream.....


My mother made me wait until the ripe old age of 8 to acquire my own Barbies. I still remember the first Barbie I got for my birthday which was the Malibu Barbie, after all it was the 70's. I promptly cut her hair.


I vowed that I would not make my children endure the same torture I endured as a child and Barbies would be allowed at a much younger age. Lauren had her first Barbie by the age of 3. I am sure there is some accompanying curse by my mother for letting a 3 year old play with Barbies.

That curse will be nothing compared to the curse of letting an 11 month old play with Barbies.




On Saturday Katie discovered the Barbie drawer. She was in heaven. The drawer is full of naked Barbies, because the only way Barbies can be stored is naked. They oppose being put away with clothes on. She grabbed a number of Barbies out of the drawer and begin to inspect. She thought she would taste this one. After all there is nothing quite like the taste and feel of Barbie plastic. She was also fascinated with the hair. I had better keep the scissors away otherwise those Barbies might be scalped.

NOTE: The bow was placed in her hair by Lauren. I think it makes her look like a pink mini mouse, or in her case a mighty mouse, because there is very little that is mini about Katie.




In another your never too young moment, Katie fell asleep during Relief Society Presidency meeting. Katie has been attending Presidency meeting since before she was born. I was eight weeks pregnant when I was called as second counselor in the Relief Society, and I am still serving. The Bishop keeps threatening to release us but as of yet he is all smoke and no fire.

2 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Oh good, our Barbies are being stored just right... very naked.

Arianne said...

Yay for breaking Mom's bad rule!! Now she won't be social reject when she's 8 years old and she's the only girl in her class who's still into Barbies! (can you tell I'm bitter?)
Arianne