Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mysterious Injury

When Mark went to bed last night he showed no visible signs of trauma. Something happened during the night, but what exactly happened remains a mystery.
This morning when it was time for a bath I was taking Mark's t-shirt off and he told me he had a sore ear. I assumed that maybe he was getting an ear infection. Once he was in the tub I noticed that his right ear was swollen and black and blue, showing signs of a significant trauma. I asked Mark what happened and he told me that he fell out of bed. I asked if it was last night and he said "yes I fell out of my train bed last night." (His bed has sheet with trains, I know big surprise!)


I am not surprised that he fell out of his bed because he sleeps on the edge of his bed. When I go into his room each night after he is asleep to check on him he is always near the edge of his bed, practically falling out. I move him over but he immediately he returns to the edge of the bed. What really surprises me is that he did not come into my room crying after it happened, because it is one nasty bruise. The picture really does not do it justice. He has a night stand next to his bed so I am assuming that he was in a really deep sleep, rolled over, fell and hit the edge of the night stand with his ear, then climbed back into bed, only to have the injury discovered this morning. This is one tough kid!

1 comments:

Leah said...

All your adventures and stories with Mark are so entertaining and very enjoyable to read. While reading out loud your story on the mysterious substance on the wall, Spencer let out a very loud "ewwww." Gotta love those children.