Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Its good to be the mommy.



On Monday night around bed time Mark was in Lauren's room. For whatever reason she did not want him in there and made him leave. I was on the main floor watching TV when I heard Mark crying, and I could tell he was very upset. I went upstairs and Mark said "Lauren hurt my feelings. She will not let me play in her room." I tried explaining to him that is how Katie feels when he yells at her for touching, looking or thinking about his Thomas trains. My attempt at logic was lost on the emotional three year old. I gave him a big hug, but he was still quite upset. We brushed teeth, and said prayers. I kissed him good night and said "Mark, mommy loves you." I left his room and closed the door, and he began to cry again. I did not want to leave him so upset so I went back into his room. I looked directly into his eyes, took his head in my hands and said "I love you Mark." His anxiety left, he calmed down and said "Thank you mommy" and was ready to go to sleep. My heart melted.

1 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Such a sweet story, it brought tears to my eyes. Sometimes it IS nice to be the mommy. :o) Good job mommy Tiffany!