Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sharing our things is hard to do, hard to do, hard to do, sharing our things is hard to do, to do, to do, to do.

Meet the offending Popsicles




On Wednesday Linda/Grandma purchased this box of Popsicles for a friend whose son had his tonsils out. Since he had his surgery on Wednesday Linda/Grandma was not planning on taking them to him until Thursday, when he would really be in pain. The Popsicles were placed in the freezer for safe keeping. On Wednesday night Mark found the Popsicles, and wanted one. I explained to him that Grandma was going to give them to a friend of hers that was sick. He said "I don't want grandma to give them to her friend." I again explained that Grandma had a sick friend who needed a Popsicle, and closed the freezer. Shortly thereafter Grandma returned home and Mark told Grandma that "I don't want you to give the Popsicles to your friend." Grandma told Mark they were for her friend Steven, but she would buy some more Popsicles for him. I instructed Mark to give Grandma hugs and kisses because it was bed time, and he refused, but did agree to tell Grandma he loved her while covering his face. As we were heading up the stairs he whispered to me "I don't want Grandma to give the Popsicles to her friend." I told him that Grandma was going to give the Popsicles to Steven but she had promised Mark that she would buy him more Popsicles. He said "No, No, I don't want Steven to have the Popsicles." I told Mark that perhaps he could go with Grandma to the store and he could pick out the Popsicles, which resulted in a complete emotional break down on the stairs. The good news by the next morning he had forgotten about the Popsicles, the bad news, his property rights issues continue.

0 comments: