Friday, April 25, 2008

Still on the Rampage

The rules of parenting state that by the time you reach child number three you really do not care what they put in their mouth as long it is not poisonous. Dirt, no problem, its just minerals, probably good for her. Lint, no problem, it will absorb the dirt. Paper, no problem, she probably needed more fiber! Katie is no exception to this rule.

On Wednesday evening I was in the kitchen cooking, and had pulled the garbage can out because I was chopping tomatoes, onions, avocado, and cilantro, and needed easy access for pieces parts not used. I was making my famous Cowboy Caviar. (Truth be told I stole the recipe from Jenni, but since she lives Arizona, I can happily pass it off as my own in Utah!) Katie sashayed her way over to the garbage can and pulled herself up. The trash was all most full so she was able to reach in and grab stuff out. She started with cilantro remains, and chewed on those for a while with a funny look on her face. Next she moved onto avocado peel, and removed excess avocado remaining in said peel, resulting in a rather green gooey mess. Finally she found tomato tops. She liked the tomato tops the best. She could put it in her mouth and suck on it. All in all she really enjoyed Cowboy Caviar.

Here is what I pulled out of her mouth this week. This is the first week, in I don’t know how long, that I have not pulled out money. I guess we are getting better about not throwing our money around! Yes, the ring is a CTR ring, found in Lauren's room.

On Thursday night Katie discovered the lazy susan that contains the plastic containers. As you can see from the pictures she had a grand time throwing lids and containers around. I am not going to lock this cupboard because it is one of the few things in the kitchen she can get into with minimal damage. I did have to place a lock on the cupboard containing my dishes, because they are breakable and she LOVED to get in the cupboard and pull out bowls and plates. My dish pattern has been discontinued so it was of utmost importance that I protect my dishes from the rampage of one very curious baby.


Can I fit this whole thing in my mouth?

So many lids and containers, so little time.

I like to make a BIG mess!

1 comments:

Smullin Family said...

It's amazing where those CTR rings show up.
Taylee received one as a Sunbeam. She kept loosing it and finding it. It was so funny, in her 3 yr old "accent" she would say, "I loss-it. I fine it. I loss-it. I fine it. I juss donno." You probably had to be there to appreciate it, but we laughed every time. :o)