Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This can't be good....

Sunday night I was in the kitchen preparing a fine meal of macaroni and cheese when Mark ventured upstairs to show me his green hands. I could tell that he had been in the paint....I told him to go to the sink and wash his hands and I proceeded down stairs to asses the damage, and was met by Katie coming up stairs, and this is how I found her clothing....not to mention the blue paint covering her legs and feet. Then I was scared.....

I immediately yelled at Lauren. She had the paint out on Friday afternoon when one of her friends was over and they decided to do an art project. Earlier on Sunday afternoon I asked her to pick up the paint and put it away, in order to avoid just this sort of catastrophe. Clearly she thought my instruction was optional, as opposed to mandatory.

I took Mark and Katie to the kitchen sink removed clothing and washed them down. Then it was on the the basement to determine the damage.... About half the floor in the dance studio was covered in blue and green paint. Good news, it was Crayola paint so I knew water would remove the paint and there would be no lasting damage. In my haste to clean up the mess before it dried and my hysteria in the fact that I had paint on my floor, I did not take a picture, so you will have to use your imagination.

Paint got clean up, Lauren's punishment was to pick up all the toys in the basement, which after a weekend of the kids playing is no small feat...she was not pleased, but the message was received, that when mommy says put something away, she expects it to be put away.

FYI, my house is now paint free, I threw it all away. In addition I took the dry erase markers and put them up high, available upon request only. You see the paint incident followed last weekend's incident of a black crayon that was crushed up with little bits of crayon spread all over the dance floor and ground into the floor.....

3 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Nothing like a grizzly mess to inpire decisiveness!

Lora Dawn said...

or even "inspire"

Smullin Family said...

Just reading this makes my blood pressure rise. I don't deal well with this kind of stuff!
So relieved that it was Crayola paint... whew, blood pressure coming back down. :)