Friday, January 15, 2010

Before and After

The prior owners of my house left a few choice things behind. I don't know maybe they just ran out of boxes??? One of the things they left behind was this picture and frame of a tulip. For the last seven years it has been hanging in a bathroom in my basement. Well recently I decided to 'style' up that bathroom, so that as you were taking care of 'business' you could enjoy a stylish retreat. (I have been watching way toooooo much HGTV.) The tulip picture really didn't cut it with my new decor. But the frame (not the color of the frame) and size were prefect for the bathroom.

So I 'updated' the look.
I started by painting what was a very 1980's Miami Vice looking wood frame, a lovely chocolate brown.
I then used by Cricket machine to cut out a design and placed my design on scrapbook paper.
It looks great in my bathroom and only cost me a little scrapbook paper!

2 comments:

nesquik405 said...

Nice. I watch HGTV too, but that doesn't leave me any abler to "style" up anything.

angela said...

very nice, I like it.