Friday, January 29, 2010

Fun & Flair

Making skirts is not just an activity I reserve exclusively for my children. I have been known on occasion to make an article of clothing for me. This is one such occasion. I found this fabric at Walmart of all places. It came pre-gathered on the top, and could be sewn into either a dress with straps or used as a skirt. I elected a skirt.



It was very simple. I made one seam in the back to sew the flat piece of fabric into a tube shape. Pressed up the bottom hem, sewed it, and voila I was done. I had the grey tie from another skirt I bought this summer, but never did like the tie with the skirt it came with. However it is perfect for this skirt. Total cost of the project: $17.97 for one yard of fabric. (I know pricey for a yard of fabric, but the picture really does not do the fabric justice. The flowers are woven into the material, so it is not cheap fabric, nor does it look cheap in person)

Best part, the oohs and awe's I got a church when I came strutting in wearing my super cool skirt. Alright I am vain I admit it, blame my mother, I do.

4 comments:

Smullin Family said...

Ooooo, very pretty.
I've been looking for a gray/black skirt..maybe I need to check out my local Walmart. :)

A*Waite said...

Simply Adoreable!

Arianne said...

um, LOVE that!! Too bad our walmart dropped it's fabric section!

kura2025 said...

Jealous!! Too cute!