Friday, January 8, 2010

If you are my secretary.....

If you are one of my secretaries, then this is what you found in a smartly wrapped little box on your desk for Christmas.

You see I have the best secretaries in the ENTIRE world. They make me look really brilliant, much more so than I am. I can't spell or proof read, and if you have read my blog for any amount of time you know that to be true. (I would seriously have them do editing on my blog if it were not for those pesky human resource people who seem to think that violates about a million different policies....HR really needs to learn to think outside the box a little...)

My secretaries not only proof read and spell check all my decisions to ensure that anything that goes out with my name on it looks like I am an intelligent human being, they also have to deal with all the crabby people on the phone who are upset with either a decision I made or are wondering why I am not making a decision more quickly. They sort through the hundreds of pieces of mail I receive each week, they organize my cases, send them out for transcripts, schedule my cases, give me my cases each week in a nice neat pile with little tabs for each case, they file my cases when I done, they do endless amounts of computer work associated with each one of my cases, but most importantly they don't complain about having to work with me. (Well at least they don't complain to my face!)

So at Christmas time I try to give them a small token of my appreciation, for just being the wonderful staff that they are! This year I made them these clips. It is a metal tray that I put scrapbook paper in, blinged it out, and covered in resin. I added charms, a chain and a clip. They can clip these on to their key chains, purse, or even their name badge for the office. And hopefully they will think of me fondly when the see it.....

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

Those are adorable! I'm definitely missing out! :)

Lora Dawn said...

Been wanting to try doing wooden tile necklaces with the resin stuff. Was it easy to work with?

Tiffany Hales said...

The resin is a pain the butt. It was sticky, hard to work with, got thick quickly, smelled bad, took FOREVER TO DRY, basically I hated it.

I suggest Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, you put it on and cook it in the oven for about 4 minutes. I have used it on pendant trays, I have not tried it on the wodden tiles, but I think it would work.