Monday, January 11, 2010

Bucket List, item #1

New year, new hair! To celebrate Boise State going to the Fiesta Bowl, I colored my hair. Well more precisely during the game my friend, and stylist Molly, colored my hair.

I have been blond all my life, mostly. I was born with dark hair, but that all eventually fell out and the locks that replaced all that dark hair were blond. As time and nature took its course and my hair darkened, I made frequent visits to my stylist to remind my hair that it truly wanted to be blond, despite what its DNA was telling it.

Well it was time for a change.....Now more than one individual in my life accused me of making this change in haste as a response to all the craziness of the last few months, but I assure you this is a change I have been contemplating for quite some time. I just finally got the guts to act on it.

And because I clearly have no shame, as evidence by my many self deprecating blog posts, I am willing to share all the details of what it takes to transform my life, errr, I mean my hair....

The "before" picture.

Molly, making my hair red. Apparently I had to go red to then go brown, otherwise I would have been purple. And well, purple hair just would not be very judicial like, and as a judge I have certain standards to uphold. Beside the fact that if I had purple hair, I am not sure Lauren would claim me....

Very red indeed.

I now know what I would have looked like had my mother permitted any of us children to be born with red hair. (We were specifically forbidden to have red hair)

Got to put a few highlights in for dimension.

All wrapped up, with highlights and brown hair dye.

The finished product! A lovely shade of brown. I am very happy with it.


7 comments:

Arianne said...

Wow, I think it looks great! Love it! I also love your bucket list, too fun. I think you need to hike the Y during freshman orientation week to get the true experience again, maybe I should come and do it with you!

Megan said...

Very pretty!! Yay for changes!

About Ours Good One Home said...

You look fabulous!

Ciarran said...

I love the color! It turned out really good! You should let me know when you're going to hike the Y. I never did that while there and I've always felt slightly empty inside because of it. We could have a sisters hike next time Arianne and I are both down there!

Jolee said...

Looks great!!! And I would really love to see you, Arianne, and most especially Ciarran, hike the Y. Haha! CC, that girl makes me laugh!

Brooke said...

Looks great and highlights your natural beauty! It's a great color on you! Although, you will notice that blondes DO have more fun! Don't worry though, brunettes are sensual and with the right color of eye makeup you can be very seductive! Good luck, good looking! :-)

angela said...

I liked the blonde, This will take some time to adjust.

I haven't hiked the Y either. Not sure I could make it. I would like to see how big it really is.