Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring

Valenties day was over, it was time for spring decor! Because of moving my wreath, I had the same issue with spring decor that I had with Valentine's Day decor, the absence of something above my mantle.

So I took a similar course of action to solve the problem. I purchased a wooden frame, painted it black, purchased a white mat, and filled it in with scrapbook paper. I saw this idea for a tree on a Papercraft magazine I subscribe to. Their tree was on a card, which seemed like entirely too much work for a card, but not too much work for a home decor project.

I took a tree branch from a tree just outside my front door, hot glued it onto the paper, and then began decorating with leaves. The leaves I cut out of scrapbook paper with my Cricut machine. I hot glued the leaves to the branch, which resulted in the leaves sticking out in all directions creating a really cool 3D effect.

To finish it off I cut the word "Spring" out of pink paper on on Cricut machine and "blinged" it with pink glitter.

Finished product.

Spring decor.

5 comments:

A*Waite said...

I love this. It is super cute and simple. I might just have to copy.

Martha said...

Very cute.

Chanelson said...

That tree is so cool! It looks amazing.

Arianne said...

oh so cute, I must try this!

KarenWaite said...

So cute! I need to borrow some of your motivation to decorate...you always do such a great job! :)