Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Old tool, new use.


I have Dish Network. I love Dish Network. I love my programing. I love my DVR. I don't love it when it snows. When it snows, and my exterior dish, reaches critical mass regarding snow build up, I loose reception. When this happens I have two choices. Wait until the snow melts and reception will naturally return, or take matters into my own hands to speed in the snow removal and the return of my fine TV viewing experience.

I opt for #2. Now my dish is located on the roof of my house, not exactly easy for snow removal, and well lets face it, I am not tall. Necessity really is the mother of invention.....I discovered this winter that if I take my three foot ladder outside, stand on the top run, and then take my feather duster with the handle that extends to ridiculous lengths, I can successfully and safely remove snow. Just a little light dusting, and TV viewing has returned!

3 comments:

Lora Dawn said...

Somehow Mary Poppins comes to mind---can't quite figure out why.

Smullin Family said...

Desperate times...call for desperate measures.
I would be out there "dusting" my Dish too. More acurrately, I would be begging Jason to "dust the dish". :)

Carol said...

Our DirecTV dish is on our roof too and we lose the signal when it snows. The problem is that it is at the very top of the roof and I couldn't reach it even with a very long pole. When we had DISH the receiver was on the side of the house and I just had to go out on the deck with my snowbrush and I could fix the problem.