Friday, March 12, 2010

Coasters

I completely stole this idea from Arianne. There, now you know my secret to good crafting, stealing from others. I am really good at it. And least you think Arianne is above me is the art of craft thievery, she stole this idea from a blog on Mod Podge projects. What are we making? Coasters.

Here are the supplies, blank ceramic tiles, purchased for .16 a piece at Home Depot. Cute scrapbook paper, and Mod Podge, both the regular kind, and the kind (purple bottle) that dries with a hard coat. Finally, felt.


Cut your scrapbook paper to the size of your tile.

Glue the scrapbook paper on the to the tile with the regular Mod Podge. Once it dries, cover the top of the tile with 2-3 coasts of the hard drying Mod Podge.


Cut felt squares the same size as the tile, and glue the felt squares onto the bottom of the tile. I used Elmer's glue.

Bundle your coasters into a pack of 4, and tie with a cute ribbon. I plan on giving these to the sisters I visit teach, but Arianne used them as thank you gifts for her friends who hosted her baby shower. The total cost for the the four coasters, about a dollar.

5 comments:

just me said...

Those are so cute!!!! I am totally going to copy you!

Jolee said...

I love these! I'll have to post some pics of the ones I made... you can use pictures on them too, which I did, to make them more personal. Then, I sprayed them with an acrylic cover/glossy stuff?? I can't think of the name of it, but it looks like spray paint. Anyway, it makes them more waterproof and glossy, which is nice.
Oh, and I copy tons of what you do, so I'm glad to see you aren't always the creative one! I've just been telling everyone that you're a creative genius. :)

Megan said...

Those are adorable!!

Unknown said...

Awesome - fabulous gifts!

KarenWaite said...

I love it!