Friday, March 19, 2010

I am so sick of my winter clothes....

Spring fever....I have it bad. For me spring fever manifests itself in new clothes. By now I am completely sick of my winter clothes, I am sick of long selvees, heavy material, socks, and big clunky winter shoes. The heaviness that is winter, seems overbearing come about March.

What do I want? Sundresses, sandals, and flip flops. I started with the dresses.....

The Before.

The After.

I found the pre-gathered material at JoAnn's, and set about trying to find a skirt material to coordinate. I found this black linen fabric where the white ribbon was already sewed onto it in cool flower design. It turned out darling.
And the beauty of this dress, it is the perfect transition from winter to spring. The first time I wore the dress it was a rather chilly March Sunday, so I had to pair the dress with a long sleeve shirt, tights and my winter shoes, but give me about 6 weeks, and this dress was have a fresh spring look, with a short sleeve shirt, and these totally hot black and white sandals I have.....oh I can't wait!


1 comments:

Rochelle said...

Hey, I LOVE your taste in clothes! If you ever need to get rid of some, I could definitely find a good home for them (e.g. my closet!) Seriously though! p.s. you are so creative! love the "new" dress!