Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The infinate power of hope.

Its just been a crappy few weeks, for a variety of reasons. I seem to be unable to escape drama in any area of my life. Just when I thought I had reached my capacity to deal with life, new challenges keep being thrown my way, requiring me to push that limit further and further.

Last Thursday had been a particularly challenging day. I was struggling with changes to our business, trying to keep on top of all my cases for work, and had just learned that my dad had been taken to the hospital via ambulance.

That morning I had worn a beautiful scarf one of my friends had given me for my birthday. In the early afternoon I sent my friend a text telling her how beautiful I felt in her scarf. She replied and asked me if I had heard the good news of another friend, Jamie. I said that I had not. She then told me that Jamie had gotten a baby girl the previous Friday. What wonderful news this was. Jamie has two great boys, but always wanted to be a mother to a little girl. Unable to have children she and her husband had been trying to adopt for quite some time.

They were all set to go to China two years ago, around the time I was pregnant with Katie and we discussed how our girls would be the same age. China fell through and kept getting postponed to the point that all hope was lost. They were picked several times by birth mothers only to have the adoption fall through. Last summer a break in the water main for the city sent their back yard sliding off the hill and destabilizing their house that was only four years old, resulting in them moving out of the ward.

Now a baby. A miracle baby. The baby they wanted and waited for, for over 6 years. It filled my heart with love. It reminded me that Heavenly Father does things according to his will, and that although we go through periods of time in our lives that seem dark, cold and filled with loneliness, hope promises us better days.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That was beautiful! Thank you for the reminder, you don't know how much I needed to hear that!!!!!

About Ours Good One Home said...

Yeah for Jamie!!!!!! Oh, how wonderful. I didn't know they had house troubles. We need to get together!