Monday, December 21, 2009

Cookie Dough!

A couple of months ago I published a post about a "Dinner Diva's" group that we have in my ward. We meet once a month and cook together, each taking home dinners that can be placed in the freezer and pulled out on a night you don't know what to make for dinner, in other words, every night of the week!

For the month of December we decided to do a cookie exchange, with a twist. Instead of bringing baked cookies, we brought frozen dough, and one batch of baked cookies for everyone to try. We ate, talked, and swapped cookie dough, and recipes.

Since it was December I decided to make gingerbread. I wrapped up my dough all fancy from an idea I stole from someone else's blog. I freely admit that when it comes to originality, I am lacking, but when it comes to copying someone else's idea, I am the QUEEN! I froze my dough in a log shape, covered in plastic wrap. After it was frozen, I wrapped it in butcher paper, tying the ends with ribbon. The center section is just a piece if wrapping paper around the middle.


Here are my baked cookies.

Here are everyone else's baked cookies!

The assortment of dough we had to choose from.

Finally my friend Sherry brought this delicious punch it was apple juice, mixed with white grape juice and then raspberries and limes. Not only did it taste good, it looked festive.
Now its on to January, and I hear tell one of the menu items in January is corn husk tamales....yum!




2 comments:

Arianne said...

Yum! And very cutely wrapped!

Smullin Family said...

Love this idea!... the cookie dough exchange AND the dinner group.

Cute packaging!