Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Chucky Clause

I love this guy. I have literally grown up with him. From the time I was one year old, and all throughout my childhood, every Christmas he would appear and take up residence on a chair in our living room. At some point during the holiday season I would have my picture taken with him. He is circa 1960's and came to my house from my dad's furniture store.

If you look closely at his nose its clearly been chewed on, by me of course, in my effort to "love" him, although my mother might have a different take on my vandalism.... His rosy cheeks are minus a little of their rose color. His white beard is a little grey with 42 years of dirt, grim and probably drool from small children. He smells old. But I still love him.

I managed to take possession of him when my dad moved out of my childhood home. Over the course of the last few years, he has only made an occasional appearance at Christmas time. You see, as much as I love him, apparently he frightens members of my family..... They think he is creepy. So creepy in fact, he has been re-named Chucky Clause. (After the "chucky" movie with the possessed doll.) I have been prohibited from allowing him to sit in the living room for fear that someone coming around the corner will catch him out of the corner of their eye and be frightened.

So for now enjoy a trip through my childhood and my memories of my beloved Santa.


One year old.

Two years old.

Three years old

Four years old.

Five years old.

4 comments:

Ciarran said...

Love that creepy Santa. He's wonderful!

Arianne said...

I love that creepy santa too, and someday you're kids better appreciate it, he's a gem!

Smullin Family said...

I believe I have a vague memory of Chucky...very vague.

Courtney and Hyrum said...

I literally jumped when I saw that first picture of that awful santa. Hyrum and I have been laughing about it. So creepy